We’re all aware that the Philippines has been preparing for The Big One for quite some time now. We, of course, refer to a magnitude 7.1 earthquake that may strike and paralyze the country. While we all don’t want this to happen, Filipinos have been encouraged to join earthquake drills in various parts of the archipelago.
The latest one will be held in Bonifacio Global City in Taguig on Friday, September 29, 2017 from 10am to 12noon. As with all other earthquake drills, various roads will be closed to traffic, along with other places being used as evacuation centers. To make things more realistic, traffic lights will be temporarily shut down.
In anticipation of the heavy traffic that this activity may cause, BGC management is letting the public know that the following roads will be closed to traffic during the two-hour drill. These include:
- 11th Ave between 32nd and 26th street (where the West Tower of One and Two Serendra are located)
- 5th Ave between 32nd and 26th street (from McDonald’s to Net Lima)
- 2nd Ave between 31st and 32nd street
- 31st street from 1st Ave to Rizal Drive
- 7th Ave corner Lane T
- 40th street corner 9th Ave
- 3rd Ave between 31st and 32nd street
Motorists and advised to take alternates during the said earthquake drill.