Ford Philippines today announced the winners of the 22nd Henry Ford Awards (HFA), the first and only program of its kind in the country that recognizes excellence in Philippine automotive journalism.
The awards night held at Xylo at the Palace in Taguig City served as the culmination of months of rigorous deliberations of over 200 entries submitted by members of the print, online, and broadcast motoring media.
Entries went through an extensive two-phase judging process participated by a panel composed of distinguished educators of journalism and mass media studies, as well as seasoned professionals in the fields of marketing, public relations, digital publishing, and audio-visual production.
A total of thirteen (13) winners were announced across four categories: Industry Category, Ford Category, People Category, and Team Category.
Winners of the 22nd Henry Ford Awards
- Best Automotive Vehicle Review (Article) - “2022 Peugeot 2008: La Vie En Rose” by Lester Dizon for Power Wheels Magazine
- Best Automotive Vehicle Review (Video) - “Caco goes on an adventure with the 2022 Mazda BT-50 4x2 AT” by Jack Gutierrez for AutoDeal
- Best Automotive Launch Story- “The all-new Kia Carnival is here for your revenge travel needs” by Jason Tulio for Top Gear Philippines
- Best Automotive Photograph - “An Icon That Will Never Be Forgotten” by Manskee Nascimento for VISOR
- Best Automotive Green Feature - “Hybrids or EVs: What’s the ‘greenest’ car for the PH?” by Eric Tipan for AutoIndustriya
- Best Automotive Road Safety Feature - “Dad: My First Driving Instructor” by Vince Pornelos for AutoIndustriya
- Best Automotive Industry Feature - “How the ‘laylayan ng lipunan’ deals with the high cost of commuting” by Tessa Salazar for Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Best Ford Automotive Feature - “Chart her Territory” by Tessa Salazar for Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Best Ford Automotive Video Feature - “2023 Ford Everest Review: The Absolute Best SUV In Its Segment” by Isaac Bustamante Atienza for Go Flat Out PH
- Best Automotive Editor – Jong Arcano, Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Best Automotive Writer – VJ Bacungan, AutoFun Philippines
- Best Automotive Section for Broadsheet – Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Best Automotive Website – VISOR
“The HFA is our annual tradition of recognizing the important role journalists play in informing, educating, and influencing the motoring public on the latest vehicles, issues, and trends within the Philippine automotive industry. We congratulate all the winners for the 22 nd Henry Ford Awards and we look forward to celebrating the hard work, passion, and commitment of Filipino motoring journalists in driving the success of the local automotive industry for many years to come,” says EJ Francisco, Communications Director, Ford Asia Pacific Distributor Markets and the Philippines.