Ford Philippines has opened a number of its Ford dealerships in areas and locations already on general community quarantine (GCQ) starting May 1, 2020, with an absolute priority to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for all Ford customers and dealership employees.
Ford PH gradually resumes dealership operations, assumes “new normal” customer service strategies
Ford Tacloban opened its dealership facility in April 15, 2020 while observing strict safety standards to protect its employees and customers. Meanwhile, all Ford dealerships that opened from May 1 to 4, 2020, including Ford Tacloban, are operating on normal business hours.
New and enhanced tools, processes, and policies have been implemented across the Ford dealer network designed to mitigate potential risks and provide peace of mind to anyone visiting a Ford dealership.
“We’re keen to have things start returning to the “new normal” across our dealer network, while continuing to keep the health and safety of our Ford customers and entire dealership team as our highest priority,” said PK Umashankar, managing director, Ford Philippines. “Customers visiting any Ford dealership will see very clearly the safeguards that are in place – with all customers required to comply with these protocols – while having all sales and service personnel and functions available to serve them,” added Umashankar.
Ford dealers are progressively rolling out within the next few days the following measures to safeguard customers and employees alike:
- Anyone entering a Ford dealership, including all dealer employees, contractors, and customers, will have their temperature checked with no-touch infrared thermometers
- The dealership layout/floor plan, including customer waiting areas, will be re-organized to ensure appropriate social distancing
- All Ford dealer personnel are required to wear face masks and gloves at all times; with a hazardous waste container onsite for disposal of all masks, gloves and other potentially contaminated items
- Social distancing rules will be enforced in all customer interactions, and shaking hands will not be allowed
- All Ford dealerships will be thoroughly disinfected three (3) times each day
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available across the dealerships, particularly in high visibility and high traffic areas
- If an employee is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, he or she will be asked to promptly seek medical advice and return only when/if free of symptoms
Ford dealerships will also be implementing the following sales and service initiatives:
Vehicle Sanitation - All vehicles will be meticulously sanitized after any service visit. Dealers will use recommended cleaning products and procedures to ensure that vehicles are clean and safe when returned to customers.
Remote Sales Support - Remote sales support with a Ford sales professional will give customers a first-hand shopping experience without them having to leave home.
Finance - Ford dealers will continue working with finance lenders to extend credit terms and defer some monthly payments. Approvals of extensions or deferral support will be at the finance partner’s discretion.
Warranties - All Ford customers whose warranty coverage have expired during the quarantine period are advised to visit their respective Ford dealers to resolve their concerns related to expired warranties.
Customers who want to inquire about and purchase a Ford vehicle can also access the various online platforms (official website and Facebook page) and available hotline numbers of Ford dealerships nationwide. The details can be accessed on Ford Philippines’ Facebook page.
The opening of the majority of Ford dealerships located in Luzon (including Metro Manila), as well as some dealerships in Visayas and Mindanao will be scheduled in time for the lifting of the enhanced community quarantine. The remaining dealerships in Visayas and Mindanao in areas on general community quarantine will open upon clearance from their respective local government units. Updates will be posted on Ford Philippines’ social media accounts accordingly.