The onslaught of the Corona Virus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 has dramatically changed every industry in the Philippines. This includes the automotive industry, with all car brands temporarily closing doors and halting business operations as per the government-mandated ECQ (Enhanced Community Quarantine).
Starting off last March 17, the ECQ rule stated that non-essential businesses and industries such as travel, tourism, and of course the automotive retail industries are to remain closed to prevent the spread of the virus within the workforce and consumers. There were attempts to lift the EQC, but all were aborted due to continuous rising cases of COVID-19 positive in the country in early to mid April.
But over the past few weeks, the government has felt the need to come up with something to boos the dwindling economy. This adverse effect compelled it to lift the EQC on May 15 in favor of a General Community Quarantine (GCQ), a less-restricted version of the ECQ. In GCQ, some businesses may reopen.
Seeing this, many of the country’s car brands are prepping up to restart operations come May 15... with a twist as per GCQ guidelines. The industry refers to this twist the “new normal”, and among these car brands is Maxus Philippines, which recently circulated an announcement detailing its “new normal’ approach to business operations and customer service upon lifting of ECQ.
Starting on the day Maxus dealerships reopen its doors, customers will still be greeted with the same caring professionalism, expertise, and courtesy as before, but with added measures to ensure their health and personal protection, such as:
- Customers (scheduled and walk-ins) will be required to wear facemasks. If they forget to bring one, the dealer will provide, and must be worn all the time the customer is in the dealership.
- Customers will be screened for body temperature. If the reading exceeds 37 degrees C, the customer shall be refused entry.
- Customers are urged to maintain physical distancing of at least one meter (3.3 feet) from other customers and staff when within the premises.
- Customers/guests will be encouraged to use hand sanitizers, which will be made accessible in strategic locations.
- Aftersales services are by appointment only. Customers are advised to call their Maxus dealers first.