It used to be that Christmas was considered as the most wonderful time of the year.
Thanks to the horrendous traffic that this season usually brings, however, the holidays are now known as the most gridlocked time of the yar.
Jokes aside, research has sown that there are more road users who are out to beat the holiday rush.
Waze, the leading traffic and navigation app even confirms this by saying that from November to December 2018, more people used it to try and make their way around the Metro’s chaos.
Yet all is not lost.
True to its mission to help motorists and commuters find their way around, the community-based app gives us a few tips on how to beat the holiday gridlock, especially this Christmas 2019.
- Plan your drive: Input data such as your desired destination and time of your party or scheduled appointment and Waze will let you know what time you should leave and what is the best route to take to get to your destination on time. It will spare you from spending Christmas (or that Christmas party) on the road.
- Make sure you input the right vehicle type: Using a motorcycle? Driving your own private vehicle? Or taking a cab or ridesharing service, perhaps? Let Waze know which type of vehicle you’re using so it can take you through the appropriate and most stressfree route possible.
- Avail of roadside assistance: Traffic is a given, no matter how much you try to avoid it. Waze knows this so it offers a few suggestions on where you can make the most of your time on the road. These include partner establishments such as gas stations, restaurants, and the like—all there to keep you and your vehicle filled up and ready for anything—including Carmageddon—s you pass the traffic away.
- You can choose your route: While Waze will plot a course for you, this doesn’t mean you need to take it as Gospel truth. You can choose from a host of routes, the one yuou feel would best suit the situation.
- Let others know how long it will take before you arrive: Waze allows users to share their Estimated Time of Arrival with the host or their companions. This way, you avoid getting constantly asked, “Where are you?” or “Are you near yet?”
And yes, you can enjoy the handsfree convenience of Voice Directions to guide you—including the voices of such celebrities as Ms Universe 2018 Catriona Gray, among others.
So don’t let the traffic blues spoil your holiday cheer.
Let Waze help you have a Meerry Christmas!