San Miguel Corporation (SMC) Tollways, the operator of major tollway systems in Metro Manila and Luzon, in partnership with Petron Corporation, recently launched a new project called RoadMAP.
In summary, the RoadMAP project is a roadside assistance service that essentially extends Petron’s Lakbay Alalay program beyond Holy Week to the entirety of the summer season.
As many would already know, the Lakbay Alalay program has been the pet project of SMC Tollways and Petron for many years now. This is the first time the 2 companies will be extending it beyond the Lenten season.
SMC Tollways and Petron will carry out the RoadMAP project by providing motorists with such assistance services as vehicle check-ups, free medical assistance, road safety tips, travel information, among others.
These services will be available in 6 Petron stations on both northbound and southbound toll roads under SMC Tollways. These toll roads include as follows;
- TPLEX (Tarlac-Pangasinan-La union Expressway)
- SKYWAY (South Metro Manila Skyway System)
- NAIAX (Ninoy Aquino International Airport Expressway)
- SLEX (South Luzon Expressway)
- STAR Tollway (Southern Tagalog Arterial Road)
For 24/7 emergency assistance and traffic updates, take note of these contact numbers.
- SKYWAY / NAIAX / SLEX / STAR – (02) 318-86-55
- SKYWAY (Globe) – 09175398762
- SKYWAY (Smart) – 09998860893
- SKYWAY (Sun) – 09328546980
- SLEX )Globe) – 09176877539
- STAR Tollway (Globe) – 09175117827
- STAR Tollway (Smart) – 09085117827
- TPLEX (Globe) – 09178880715
Motorists may also download the Southern Tollways traffic navigator or check out the official Twitter accounts of SKYWAY (@SkywaySOMCO) and SLEX (@OfficialSLEX).
Photos by Paolo Lesaca